Friday, August 12, 2011

HEAVY HEART #70208122011

SURFING WITH JESUS

Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.

Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com

#70208122011

HEAVY HEART

It breaks my heart to see another 41 of our hero’s lose their life this week in a war zone. Let us take time to pray for these families along with the many others that have previously lost love ones. Lord may we realize we stand in need of you.

Join me in reading Psalm 131 and take this moment to receive from the word. Per

1Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.

2Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child.

3Let Israel hope in the LORD from henceforth and for ever.

The commentators in my Life Application Bible by Tyndale House share some good thoughts on this. Maybe we and our Nation could learn from it.

“Pride results by overvaluing ourselves and undervaluing others. It leads to restlessness because it makes us dissatisfied with what we have and concerned about what everyone else is doing. It keeps us always hungering for more attention and adoration. By contrast, humility puts others first and allows us to be content with God’s leading in our lives. Such contentment gives us security so that we no longer have to prove ourselves to others. Let humility and trust affect your perspective and give you the strength and freedom to serve God and others.”

Lord help me this day to be humble in your sight and help me trust you as I go my way. You are the truth and the light and my desire is to love you and love others. Heaven is my goal and seeing you is all that will satisfy me. Thank you! You are my God!

REMEMBER

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com

No comments: