Saturday, March 18, 2006

Preserve Me, O God

SURFING WITH JESUS
Pastor Gene A. Dasher,Sr.
gene@SurfingwithJesus.com
March 18, 2006 #413

First of all I want to thank those of you that sent a personal note regarding my writing last week on my mom "What a Lady, My Mom." I called and shared many of your comments and her response was "you mean people have heard about my story in China, South Africa and all over the world." Yes, mom, "Well, I just did it for you boys and the grandkids, I wanted you to know my story." I know mom but you have inspired others to want to learn regardless of their age or circumstances. Now, for today.

PRESERVE ME, O GOD

As I think on mom and all she has done in her life, I can see her crying out "Preserve me, O God." Perhaps another way of looking at this would be to say cover me O God. As we face life what better thought could we have than to want the Lord to cover our lips, our thoughts, and our actions each moment of the day. It is human nature to make our plans and then ask God to bless them. However, it would be best to seek His will first and then allow Him to bless us as we take action with our plans.

By communication with God and constantly thinking about the way he would have us go we will gain insight that will help us as we make decisions and we will know His desire for us in everything we do.

I have seen some think that when you ask God to save you and come into your life that everything will be perfect and all life's challenges will be over. Not so, my friend, if you bought that house, that car, those new shoes, you are still responsible to pay for them. God does not exempt believers from the day-to-day things that come our way in life. But, there is one good thing about being a child of God, we can have that sense of security that God will be there and He will preserve us each day.

Tyndale's commentators state that "David found the secret to joy...True joy is far deeper than happiness; we can feel joy even in spite of our deepest troubles...Joy is lasting because it is based on God's presence within us."

Take a moment and join me in reading this Psalm. Allow God to touch you this moment and meditate on his preservation as you place your all in his hands.

Psalm 16
1Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.

2O my soul, thou hast said unto the LORD, Thou art my Lord: my goodness extendeth not to thee;

3But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight.

4Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips.

5The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.

6The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.

7I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.

8I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

9Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

10For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

11Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Now, wasn't it nice to take just a moment for you and God alone? Have a great week.

1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

To join us weekly or stop receiving Surfing with Jesus please send your request to
gene@SurfingwithJesus.com. We welcome prayer request anytime. Join us in prayer for these requests. My sole desire is to uplift Christ, fellow Christians, and share the love of Jesus with others.

No comments: