Saturday, January 20, 2007

Nature of God #461

SURFING WITH JESUS #461012807
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.

NATURE OF GOD

Yesterday I arose and was unable to work on writing because my computer has been down all week. I sat in my office looking out the window waiting for the time to go to the funeral home for the celebration service of one of our dear ladies Sister Reba whom God chose to carry home to glory. Outside I heard an owl hooting softly, I heard the neighborhood dogs barking, and I looked out my window and saw a woodpecker busy at work pecking away for nourishment.

All of this caught my attention and for a few minutes I was captivated by nature and looked at the handiwork of God as he provides for the needs of all creation. This beautiful little bird was braving the morning chill and basking in the sunshine that God was providing. What harmony I beheld as nature took its course. It was like music to my ears as I listened and watched. What contentment each of these creations demonstrated. I thought, isn’t our God wonderful!

This was a wonderful start of my day. I thought Lord; teach us to take time to enjoy you and all creation each day. I believe that regardless of the circumstances we face each morning if we will just take a moment and enjoy God we will have an enriched day. As you have your morning coffee or tea; take time to receive of the Lord the strength for the day.

Just think you can talk to the Lord about anything. His lines of communication are completely open. He is ready to forgive you if you need forgiveness, he is ready to heal you, he is ready to lead you and he is ready to listen to you. Take time for God, take time to listen to him as he directs your steps today. Take courage as meditate on Psalm 130:5 this week. “I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.”

Guess what? My little woodpecker just arrived again and his head is bobbing away as I write. Have a good day in Jesus

1John 1:9 If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Subscribe/Unsubscribe at: gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.

Send prayer request to: gene@SurfingwithJesus.com


Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr., 2355 Parkway Dr. SE, Cleveland, TN 37323
Read previous writings at: http://www.SurfingwithJesus.com

Join us in prayer for all request received each week.

My sole desire as I write is to uplift Christ, fellow Christians, and share
the love of Jesus with others.

No comments: