Saturday, February 17, 2007

Surfing with Jesus #463

SURFING WITH JESUS #463021007
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.

Just a Closer Walk

This week I have found myself reading the word and crying out to God for healing and physical strength. I know God is my healer and I know it takes faith to believe but sometime I find myself crying out “Forgive me Lord, please help my unbelief.

When our bodies fail us and we are unable to do as we desire, it is easy to become depressed. That’s when I encourage myself by going to the word and just reading about God and his plan for healing and meeting my needs.

I guess you have never found yourself in this position or you don’t want to let others know that you are weak and need help. Well, I think it is healthy to be honest before God and cry out “I am weak but thou art strong, Jesus keep me from all wrong, I’ll be satisfied as long, As I walk let me walk close to thee.” Just a closer walk with Thee, Grant it Jesus is my plea (humble plea), Daily walking close to Thee, Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.”

Then, God’s word cries out to me and I’m so glad I have hid his word away in my heart. I thank my wonderful parents, teachers, preachers, etc. that taught me to come to God’s word in these times.

You know Jesus is our everything as we find him throughout the Bible.
Look with me at a few verses.

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loves us. Romans 8:37

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. John 15:7

So, this week I have been crying out with my wife “Lord we ask you for healing.”

And the Bible says in Mark 11:24 “Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Thank you God for your word, I stand on your promises today doubting not. Lord, may I walk close to thee this day in Jesus name I pray.

1John 1:9 If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Read previous writings at: http://www.SurfingwithJesus.com.
Subscribe/Unsubscribe at: gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.
Join us in prayer for all request received each week.
Send prayer request to gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.

Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr., 2355 Parkway Dr SE, Cleveland, TN 37323
My sole desire as I write is to uplift Christ, fellow Christians, and share
the love of Jesus with others.

No comments: