Saturday, March 17, 2007

"ONLY THE FOOL DENIES GOD'" #467

SURFING WITH JESUS #467031707
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.

“ONLY THE FOOL DENIES GOD”

Yesterday I read where one of our Congressmen Rep. Pete Stark from California says he doesn’t believe in a supreme being. In a belief statement to The Associated Press he is quoted as saying he was “a Unitarian who does not believe in a supreme being.” “I look forward to working with the Secular Coalition to stop the promotion of narrow religious beliefs in science, marriage contracts, the military and the provision of social services.”

How sad it is to know someone doesn’t believe in a supreme being. I’m thankful I believe in a supreme being and I am thankful Almighty God sent his son to forgive me of my sins as I confess them to him. He is faithful to forgive me of sins and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness.

Thank you, mom, dad, family, teachers, preachers and fellow Christians for sharing the love of Jesus with me and giving me hope of eternal life as you taught me about a Supreme Being Jehovah God is his name.

Psalm 14 of David gives the best answer to those who share this belief.


1The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. 2The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. 3They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one. 4Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the LORD. 5There were they in great fear: for God is in the generation of the righteous. 6Ye have shamed the counsel of the poor, because the LORD is his refuge. 7Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! when the LORD bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.

Tyndale notes in the Life Application Bible sums this up very good.

“A fool is not someone who is stupid or uneducated, but a person who rejects God. By rejecting God, the fool rejects the one who made the moral and spiritual laws that make life just and good. A fool is indeed corrupt, because to deny God’s existence allows wickedness to prevail. The apostle Paul quotes these verses in Romans 3:10-12 as he mourns the lack of single heartedness toward God and thus the rampant spread of evil. The wise, however, not only believe there is a God, but also strive to please him. To believe there is a God but refuse to please him is also foolish. Don’t be a fool of either sort”

It is sad that the very God our leaders from day one called upon in battle and sought for wisdom and guidance is no longer needed by some today. Yes, you have the right to proclaim your belief but I feel sorry for you when you forget God who created you. As I write my heart is broken as I pray you will return unto God, acknowledge him, ask forgives and cleansing, receive him as Lord, and take time to worship the Supreme Being who loves you even as you break his heart today.

1John 1: 9 “If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr., 2355 Parkway Dr SE, Cleveland, TN 37323 Join us in prayer for all request received each week. Read previous writings at:
http://surfingwithjesus.blogspot.com/
Send prayer request/Subscribe/Unsubscribe: gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.

No comments: