Thursday, June 21, 2007

Best Gifts For Father's Day #478

SURFING WITH JESUS #478061707
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.

BEST GIFTS FOR FATHER'S DAY

As I was pondering what to write for Father's Day I began to think of gifts for this special day. I'm always asked "What do you want for Father's Day?"

Well, I have decided that the best gift I could give my dad for Father's Day is to be in church and worship the Lord Jesus Christ. Although my dad has been gone 22 years I know this is what would please him the most.

Now as I think on it this is exactly the best gift my son and daughter could give me, get up, get ready, go to church and worship our Heavenly Father in spirit and truth. Wow! This is exciting, I think I will do this and receive food for my soul from the Lord.

I guess I'm a little crazy today but without Jesus there is no real Father's Day to me. I'm so thankful my Heavenly Father gave us His son who willing died on the cross for our Salvation. If my Heavenly Father loved me enough to give his only son for me to have hope of eternal life with him my time spent in worshipping Him is a small thing to give on this day.

I don't look at this as a sad day as some who have lost their dad. I look at it as a glorious time as I ponder my precious father and father-in-law rejoicing around the throne of God. What a legacy these two left me to hunger and thirst after the righteousness of God and seek him with all my heart. One of these days, my journey will be completed here on earth and I too will have a Happy Father's Day with Jesus and those gone on before me.

I love my earthly father more and more today because of the values and faith in God he passed on to me. And, it goes without saying I know I love my Heavenly Father more each day as I grow in him. It does get sweeter as the days go by.

If you still have an earthly father, take time to honor him today, if your dad is gone pick out someone else and honor them on this special day. Every time you take time to love and honor your dad or an adopted dad for the day you will receive more from them than you give.

Have a wonderful time of fellowship this day, remember the Lord, your Heavenly Father, and creator and be blessed today

1John 1: 9 “If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr., 2355 Parkway Dr SE, Cleveland, TN 37323
Join us in prayer for all request received each week.
Read previous writings at: http://surfingwithjesus.blogspot.com/
Send prayer request/Subscribe/Unsubscribe: gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are right dear, nothing can be more precious than prays. These could be the last minute father's day gifts without fail. Your story is just amazing!