Saturday, February 09, 2008

What You Do For Christ Will Last #507

Surfing with Jesus #50712292007
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
gene@SurfingwithJesus.com

What You Do For Christ Will Last

Matthew 6:1-4, 6

1Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
2Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
3But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly…
6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.


As we end 2007 and start a new year 2008 I ponder on these verses. I wonder what I can do for Christ in the year ahead. There are so many hurting people today both those that know Christ and those that do not know Christ that need our help and our love that I wonder where I begin.

I think we can come to the Lord in secret in our prayer closet and he will guide us to do his will for these that are hurting. Matthew 6:8 tells us

8Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

Since this verse tells me God knows our needs before we ask I am crying unto him today to provide my needs and thereby I will have direction to help those in need who come my way.

I pray, Lord open my eyes that I will see and behold your will for this day and in the days you give me in the year ahead. There is such joy doing what you know is God’s will in your life.

I ask you to join me in prayer for the year ahead that we will reach out to the lost and to those with other needs and realize that we are blessed and what we do for Christ will last for eternity.


1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

”Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.,
2355 Parkway Dr SE, Cleveland, TN 37323
Join us in prayer for all request received each week.
Read previous writings at:
http://surfingwithjesus.blogspot.com/
Send prayer request/Subscribe/Unsubscribe: gene@SurfingwithJesus.com

No comments: