Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Father, Into Thy Hands I Commend My Spirit #519

Surfing with Jesus Ministries
eNewsletter: #51903262008
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr. (gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.)

Web Site: http://surfingwithjesus.blogspot.com/.


Father, Into Thy Hands I commend My Spirit

Have you reached this place in God? When we try anything else, we fail.
The writer wrote this song "How Long Has It Been."

How long has it been since you talked with the Lord
And told him your heart's hidden secrets?
How long since you prayed?
How long since you stayed?
On your knees till the light shone through?
How long has it been since your mind felt at ease?
How long since your heart knew no Burden?
Can you call Him you friend?
How long has it been since you knew that He cared for you?

Jesus cried out on the cross ? Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit and having said thus he gave up the ghost.? Luke 23:46. Lord help me today to commend my spirit into your hands and die out to this world and all that comes my way.

Often when we pray we fail to thank God for all he is doing in our lives. Instead we bring before him our wants and desires and not our needs for the day. I wonder if the Lord looks at us and asks if we will ever get to the place where Jesus did of complete surrender to Him?

I wonder if God gets amused at us and even laughs as we pick up things and go about our busy life and work our heart out to get things done and fail to say ?Father I commend this day into your hands?

Do you come home exhausted and wonder why you didn?t get it all done today? Did you take time to share your hearts secrets with the Lord? Did you take it to him in prayer and stay on your knees until the light flashed and you know it was God?s plan for the day?

Perhaps, with all the new technology you have it would lighten your load if you committed the day to Jesus before you began the day instead of after you have gone your way and come home exhausted.

The old kneeolgy of staying on your knees until the light shines through will enhance your wonderful ideas and technology to shine for the entire world to see. Will you join me this moment in commending your spirit into the hands of God? You will be blessed as you learn to cry out to our Heavenly Father, ?not my will but your will be done.?

Remember


1John 1:9 If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Send Prayer Request to:

gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.

I try to take time to pray for you request each day as I receive them. Join me in prayer for the needs of our email family.

No comments: