Friday, April 17, 2009

My Heart Is Heavy #565

Surfing with Jesus

Pastor Gene A. Dasher Sr.

gene@SurfingwithJesus.com

#56504022009

MY HEART IS HEAVY

I sit thinking and praying for request I have received and my heart is heavy because so many have needs in their life. I asked the Lord what I can do to encourage them as they face this struggle in their life. The Lord has directed me to send you to the word of God. Yes, take time for fellowship with the Lord in His word.

Many times I go to the Psalms because I find both tragedy and joy and most writing are easy reading. Take time away from all your worry and pain and allow God to comfort you with His word. I share Psalm 56 and 57 to encourage you today.

Psalm 56: A confident prayer for help.

1Be merciful unto me, O God: for man would swallow me up; he fighting daily oppresseth me.

2Mine enemies would daily swallow me up: for they be many that fight against me, O thou most High.

3What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.

4In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

5Every day they wrest my words: all their thoughts are against me for evil.

6They gather themselves together, they hide themselves, they mark my steps, when they wait for my soul.

7Shall they escape by iniquity? in thine anger cast down the people, O God.

8Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?

9When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me.

10In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise his word.

11In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.

12Thy vows are upon me, O God: I will render praises unto thee.

13For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?

Psalm 57 A Prayer for deliverance.

1Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.

2I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me.

3He shall send from heaven, and save me from the reproach of him that would swallow me up. Selah. God shall send forth his mercy and his truth.

4My soul is among lions: and I lie even among them that are set on fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword.

5Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens; let thy glory be above all the earth.

6They have prepared a net for my steps; my soul is bowed down: they have digged a pit before me, into the midst whereof they are fallen themselves. Selah.

7My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise.

8Awake up, my glory; awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early.

9I will praise thee, O Lord, among the people: I will sing unto thee among the nations.

10For thy mercy is great unto the heavens, and thy truth unto the clouds.

11Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens: let thy glory be above all the earth.

There are those of you who are wrestling with family problems with your children, your spouse, your parents, your in-laws, spiritual battles, physical needs, mental needs, financial needs and I could go on and on but what you need is to take God at his word and lean on Him.

Lord I place the many needs on my heart tonight in your hands and ask you to intercede and intervene for each family in Jesus name I pray. I love you folks and lift you up in prayer each day.

Remember:

1John 1:9 “If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

Send prayer request to: gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.
Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com/

No comments: