Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Blessed with a Godly Mother

Surfing with Jesus

Pastor Gene A Dasher, Sr

gene@SurfingwithJesus.com

59812012009

Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com/

BLESSED WITH A GODLY MOTHER

What a thrill to be blessed with a Godly mother. I met my brother at Pigeon Forge Saturday and picked up my mother to stay with us a few days. It was a thrill to have her in church and worship the Lord together yesterday. As my daughter sang there was a gleam in here eye that only grandma’s can give to encourage one to praise the Lord.

Yesterday we lounged around until 6:00 and met with the whole Cleveland clan of Dasher’s. With mom present we had 100% participation with 25 present at Golden Corral. The kids were noisy; the adults were smiling as everyone enjoyed a couple of hours together. Mom was so happy everyone was present. We ask her to testify and one is always blessed when she does.

Mom can tell you about the goodness of the Lord and how he has been so good to her and the whole family better than anyone I know. As she spoke everyone listened intently because we knew words of love would come forth from her heart.

Today as I arise she says “what do you want for breakfast?” We had some leftover grits yesterday and she is one to never waste so she made her an egg batter and rolled these grits in it and need I say how good it was today.

And now as all who know her she gathers up the dishes and cleans out the bowls and pans and clean the kitchen with loving care. That’s my mom. At neigh 88 just get out of her way and you will be fine.

Lord I thank you for this time together with the lady who brought me into this world. I hope my prayers reach you as well as I know hers does each day. She has a list of all the family and many others that she calls out before you each day to bless them, encourage them, and meet their needs.

Everyday is Mother’s Day for me and even though her hearing fails and I have to say put your hearing aide in mom it is good just to be able to do it and tell her I love her once again.

Hope all of you have a good day and slow down and enjoy the Christmas season, remember its Jesus birthday we celebrate. Don’t be in debt to anyone but JESUS.

REMEMBER

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com.

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com. gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.

No comments: