Thursday, January 07, 2010

When Should One Pray 607010709

Surfing with Jesus

Pastor Gene A Dasher, Sr.

Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com/

When Should One Pray

#60701072010

When I receive a prayer request I pray as I read and respond to it. I believe it is important to pray as soon as a need is made known. Waiting until church time may be too late for some needs. When someone is going into surgery this morning they need prayer now as well as later.

Jesus taught us how to pray and it is our vital link to reaching God without delay. He does hear our cry and provides for us each day. I’ve used this before but I often am blessed as I think on how I’ve Sis Elva Howard handles this. I’ve been in a restaurant and hear someone start praying and yes it was her. She said if she is ask to pray right then is the time to do it. Later might be too late or she might forget it.

We should never be embarrassed to call on God no matter where we are at. As a child of God we have power with God and it is a wonderful strength to use to see God glorified as we call upon Him and trust that a need is met. The Bible tells us in I Thessalonians 5:17

New International Version (©1984) pray continually.

New Living Translation (©2007) Never stop praying.

International Standard Version (©2008) Continually be prayerful.

King James Bible Pray without ceasing.

Bible in Basic English Keep on with your prayers.

Darby Bible Translation pray unceasingly;

I love it. Pray continually, never stop praying, continually be prayerful, pray without ceasing, keep on with your prayers, and pray unceasingly. Any way you write it there is power in this verse as we apply it to our life.

If you have one person praying for you it is powerful. Never take prayer for granted. We must pray without ceasing to meet the needs in our life and in the world in which we live. When someone is hurting it is time to minister to them in the name of Jesus.

I thank God for answered prayer. Yesterday, I tried once again to get our water to work at church and God honored our prayers as it kicked in and the water flowed. Thank you so very much Lord.

In the past few days my wife was at her sisters home when word was received from the doctor telling her sister she has no cancer. They cried and God was glorified.

Folks, prayer works. Prayer changes things and it will make a difference in my life and yours. Pray for yourself, pray for me, pray for your family, pray for your community, pray for your church, pray for our world and pray for your enemies.

When we pray and bombard God with our needs he will hear from heaven and it will make us want to do what the Bible says in the last verse of Psalms (150:6), “Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.”

Wow! I feel his presence right now and I’m so thankful I am His and He is mine. Take time and receive of the Lord right now this moment and be uplifted by God’s love.

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.

Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com

No comments: