Monday, June 14, 2010

FATHER 633061410

SURFING WITH JESUS

Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.

Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com

#63306142010

FATHER

“How far is heaven when can I go? I want my daddy, he’s there I know. How far is heaven when can I go? I want my daddy to hold me tight.” I may have botched the song but the thought is right. Hard to believe my dad has been with a God fearing earthly father that taught me about God by the life he lived before me and others. I have many fond memories watching my dad raise his hand and say “praise the Lord.” I can still see him as he allowed the spirit of God to bless him in local services”

Thank you Lord for a dad that loved you and loved children; I can still see him as he took his gospel walnut and taught little one’s about Jesus and led them to the Lord. He loved to get out and run and play with them even when he suffered physical pain. He was there for us and them and many who attended his celebration home 25 years ago were a living testimony of the love he had shown them in their life.

Yes, it’s that time of year to honor our dads. Take time to remember, take time to show your love and take time to care. I have friends who don’t have fond memories of their dad and I always say to them become a good dad to your children and they will bless you some day.

God has been so good to me, I’m thankful for his love and care and tender mercies. I’m thankful he sent his son to die for me and cover my sins. I want to be a good child and lift my voice in adoration and praise to him each day he gives me in this world.

Have a good Father’s Day, be a good dad, adopt a dad if you don’t have one and be good to him this special day. You will be blessed. And oh yes, enjoy your children as they pamper you with their love.

REMEMBER

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.

Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com

No comments: