Monday, May 28, 2012

REMEMBER #75405272012


SURFING WITH JESUS
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
#75405272012

REMEMBER
We have both good times and bad times to remember this weekend in the United States of America. We call this a Holiday Day Weekend in our communities and everyone is happy for a day off work and time to be with our families. This is a time to remember how blessed we are as we bond together and thank God for all he has done for our Nation

For some it is the first Memorial Day without a love one who gave of themselves to protect our Nation. For others it is a time to keep our promise to never forget the men and women who gave of their time and many who gave their lives to see that we truly are a land of the free. 

Today I want to thank God for caring for us and providing us with all we have. My dad was a WW2 and has been gone 27 years but I still thank him for serving our Nation and helping preserve our freedom.

This week I have been involved with our community as we try to raise funds to provide a Veterans Nursing Home in our region It was wonderful to watch girl scouts, young cadets, and others as they had their ceremonies of retiring our flags that have flown faithfully in our community. It was great to see the smile on both young and old as they take time to “Remember.” It gave me hope that there are still those who will carry on the task to see that we are the land of the free.

I’m proud of our community as they take time to include God in these events and allow us to pray and proclaim that we as a Nation still believe in “In God We Trust.” I know we have a few who make the headlines wanting to stop the mention of God and Jesus Christ but guess what there are more of us than them and I still program thank you Jesus, thank you God, for I know I have you in my heart, in my family, in my community, and in my Nation.

Well, enjoy your time this weekend, be safe as you drive, but about all “Remember God,” and “Remember,” you are able to do this because someone in your family or your community “gave some, and some gave all,” that you may be free. It is up to you to preserve it. Have a good day. 


REMEMBER
“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.

Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com

No comments: