Monday, August 26, 2013

GOD'S APPOINTMENT #83008242013



SURFING WITH JESUS
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
 #83008242013

GOD’S APPOINTMENT

Recently I attended the National Convention of the Vietnam Veterans of America representing our Cleveland, Tennessee Chapter 596. After a long day on the floor and an evening of caucuses, I went to my room for a few minutes. I decided to go back down stairs a few minutes and spend a few moments by the St Johns river in Jacksonville, Florida.

I got down stairs and realized I forgot something and was returning to my room when two men stopped me and ask if I had driven to the Convention. I said our chapter drove. After a brief conversation I learned that this was the Veteran that had a heart attack after getting off the plane. He was released and got to the hotel and had need of prescriptions being filled immediately.

I told them I would have to go to my room and find my roommate who drove for us but we would be happy to help him. If I had  not forgoten something in our room we would not have met and that’s why I call it an appointment with God. 

I got my roommate and we headed for help, this man really looked like he needed to be back in the hospital. We came upon a Wal-Mart and told them our need. They let us know they would put it in the system but would be unable to fill it until the next day. By now our new friend needed to sit down. I continued to talk to the people and told them he needed help really bad. 

After a few moments the pharmacists agreed to stay and fill the prescriptions. Whew, thank you Lord. We were so grateful and praise the Lord for his mercy. We went back to our hotel for the night and our new friend went to his room. The next evening we ran into him again and he was doing much better.

Folks, I believe we have God appointments and what we do with them is important. Should you have one come your way, allow God to use you to bless those he put in your path. 

We now have a new friend and we give God the praise for working things out.  

REMEMBER 

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com


No comments: