Sunday, July 17, 2005

#376 - LIFE IS SO FRAGILE

LIFE IS SO FRAGILE

All of us are affected by death from time to time. It is at these times we pause and realize how quickly time passes us by.

Today, a precious friend at age 41 has gone to be with the Lord too quickly and too soon for all of us. This young man has always been such a blessing to everyone he comes into contact with. He sang about the love of God and brought us to a new height of worship many times in our community.

Life is so fragile and precious. Times like these make me stop and think about all the goodness of the Lord but it also opens my eyes to the shortness of our time on earth. We are never ready to allow one to leave us but I know my friend is not only singing like an angel today; he is singing with them around the throne of God.

This reminds me so much of the song "Our life is but a vapor it vanishes away, our days are very few upon this earth, Why spend your life in foolishness just to pass the time away, the price you pay will be more than Its worth, Don't overlook Salvation while searching for great joy, he's knocking at your heart's door let him in, step out for the Savior and join his mighty band, for he will give you peace and happiness."

Lord help us this day to do our best for you, help us to live our life pleasing to you and share your love in song and word to those you entrust us with. Help us live everyday as though you will come for us to join you with our many friends who have finished their course in this life. I pray we will be the witness you will be pleased with so we too can sing before you with the angels in heaven?

When I have trouble comprehending things in life I love to go to God's word for comfort. Today I will leave you with one of my favorite Psalms that has helped me many times in my Christian walk.

Psalm 121
1
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2
My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
3
He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4
Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5
The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
6
The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
7
The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Thank you Lord for the comfort of your word, thank you for life, you are so precious to me and I praise you for the touch of your hand today.

1 John 1:9. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

We welcome prayer request anytime. Join us in prayer for these requests.

No comments: