Saturday, April 08, 2006

HIDE THOU ME LORD

SURFING WITH JESUS
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
gene@SurfingwithJesus.com
April 8, 2006 #417

HIDE THOU ME LORD


Like David of ole, I found myself discouraged this week with events of life. I pondered why Lord? Why? Then, I stuck my head in the sand for a day. My wife cried out I don't like you like this and I understood because I don't like it when I waste a day that I should have my eyes and heart lifted up knowing that Jesus loves me and that God never fails.

I am so thankful to God in times like this that he has blessed me with a lovely, God fearing wife that knows I'll come thru it but stays right beside me to lift me up and encourage me. I haven't written this week as you can see but I must write when I can write if that makes sense to you.

As I write this morning the old song "Hide Thou Me" (Copyright 1926, renewed 1954 by Thoro Harris/Assigned to John Benson) comes to my heart and mind which says :

Sometimes, I feel discouraged and think my work in vain,
I'm tempted oft to murmur, to grumble and complain;
But when I think of Jesus and what He bore for me,
Then I cry to the Rock of Ages, hide Thou me.

O Rock of Ages, hide thou me,
There is no other refuge, Can save but Thee;
Thru this old world I wandered, So far, far from thee,
Then I cry to the Rock of Ages, hide Thou me.

I know everyone wants to sing the new songs and dance, dance, dance as you worship. If this works for you to draw near to God that's fine with me but please don't take away the precious thoughts, words, and sounds that have sustained many a soul to bring the gospel to you and me over the years. Every generation comes up with new songs and this is good but what is important is for them to bring us together in Jesus.

This week I found myself down over my church, my weight loss, my truck breaking down on the way to an annual clinic appointment, and AOL continuing to block all my AOL addresses for 12-24 hours at a time, etc. So, I found myself at home just waiting and thinking. Then, out of the clear blue sky a subscriber to Surfing with Jesus writes thanking me for the writing and how he is able to use it in South Africa. Thank you brother for your kind words at the right time. He even honored me by inviting me to minister in South Africa. Wow! This blew my mind.

Now, back to our song:

I have a friend in Jesus blest anchor of the soul, I feel His presence ever when stormy billows roll; And when I think of Jesus and what He bore for me, Then I cry to the Rock of Ages, hide Thou me.

Sometimes I feel I cannot go one step farther on, My body waxing older and falt'ring steps begun; But when I think of Jesus and what He bore for me, Then I cry to the Rock of Ages, hide Thou me.

Yes, pastor needs prayer too, remember when God places someone on your heart to always take time to allow the Spirit of God to speak to you. You will make a difference in their life and you will be blessed as God ministers thru you.

Oh, yes, for those of you that may miss a week of Surfing with Jesus, I'm doing it as a blog now also. Go to Blogger.com, type in SurfingwithJesus and you will find it. Thank all of you for allowing me in your home and your life. I look forward to sharing each week. God bless you.

I John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

To join us weekly or stop receiving Surfing with Jesus please send your request to gene@SurfingwithJesus.com. Go to Blogger.com type in SurfingwithJesus for our blog.

We welcome prayer request anytime. Join us in prayer for these requests. My sole desire is to uplift Christ, fellow Christians, and share the love of Jesus with others.


No comments: