Wednesday, June 21, 2006

LIFE IS WONDERFUL, EXCITING, AND WILD #428

SURFING WITH JESUS #428062106
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
2355 Parkway Dr. SE
Cleveland, TN 37323

gene@SurfingwithJesus.com
www.SurfingwithJesus.com

Life is Wonderful, Exciting, and Wild

Things have been happening too fast the last few days but it's been a wonderful, exciting, and wild ride with Jesus on our side. Let me see, just a few days ago my wife, daughter and I planned a week in the sun together. Right before we left we realized our air had gone bad in our house. So, we rushed around to get a repair on a holiday weekend that did not happen. However, we did get it repaired before we left and took off on our trip.

We had a wonderful vacation together but while we were gone we received a call telling us the air was out at our home again. Now, you know we never knew what air was when we were growing up but my how times have changed. My son had a portable unit that would cool one room and he graciously brought it over for our cousin to use while she took care of our home and dog of course while we were gone.

So, we completed our trip and came home to 85 inside and rushed to the one room with air. Now, it’s a weekend again so we wait for repair again. This time we decide the old unit had served its course and would have to be replaced after 24 years of service. After a week of being cool in one room and hot everywhere else we are cool. I thank God for blessing us with the price of a new unit. It was about half the cost I was expecting.

While away on vacation, my son and his family rebuilt the deck on the back of our house and blessed us with several surprises on our new deck. Little did we know all of this expense was going to hit at the same time but God is good and provided ways for us to take care of it.

It is wonderful to have family and time together. This month our family has played together, worked together and worshipped together. For Father's Day all of my family came to our church and we had a day of celebrating in music as the Dasher's sang, played music and worshipped God in our morning service. I thank the Lord this is the first time all of my family have been in Sunday morning service with me on Father's Day in quite sometime.

With all this excitement we still have wild things going on. One of our appliances is on the blink, we had to repair the door on our dryer, we found a leak in the connection to our washer and on and on it goes.

So, why do I share this? I guess because it is on my mind and I wanted to share how that God comes thru at all times. Pastor’s families have things happen just like you do. Some moments are exciting as we worship, some days are wild and unpredictable, but at all times God is wonderful.

I thank God he helps us and blesses us each day regardless of what may come our way. It reminds me of one of my favorite verses "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord which made heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2. All we need is God when we face things in our life.


Regardless of how wild the ride may be today rest assured that God is near. When you lift him up in adoration and praise and when you take time to call upon him, he will be near and direct your path as you lean upon him with all that comes your way. Yes, I declare to you that life is wonderful, exciting, and wild with Jesus.

1st John 1:9 "If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

To join us weekly or stop receiving Surfing with Jesus please send your request to gene@SurfingwithJesus.com. Please continue to pray with us for the prayer request we receive each day.





No comments: