Thursday, October 05, 2006

BE HUMBLE LIKE CHRIST #444

SURFING WITH JESUS #444100506
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
2355 Parkway Dr SE
Cleveland, TN 37323

gene@SurfingwithJesus.com
www.SurfingwithJesus.com

BE HUMBLE LIKE CHRIST

Some people live only to please themselves and to make a good impression on others. When we work together caring for others we demonstrate Christ example of putting others first and we create unity and enhance our joy as we serve. Join me with Paul in your Bible a few moments.

Philippians 2
1If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
2Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
3Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
4Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.

Selfish ambition (vainglory) can ruin an individual, family, or church but true humility can build it. When we are humble we have a true perspective of our self. It does not mean we are to put our self down; but we are to lay aside selfishness and treat others with respect and courtesy. When we consider others' interest as more important than our own we link with Christ who was the true example of serving with joy.


Some people excuse selfishness, pride, or evil by claiming their "rights." They think, "I can cheat on this test; after all, I deserve to pass", or "I can spend all this money on myself...I worked for it,"or "I can have this abortion, I have a right to control my own body." As believers we should have a different attitude; one that enables us to lay aside our rights to serve others. If we follow Christ, we will want to live as he lived. We should develop his attitude of humility as we serve, even when we are not likely to get recognition for our efforts.

I ask you today? Are you selfishly clinging to your rights or, are you serving with joy? I pray we will be humble in Christ as we serve the Lord with gladness and come before his presence with singing with joy in all our endeavors to uplift His name.

*Some notes come for Tyndale's KJV Life Application Bible verse commentary.

1John 1:9 "If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

To join us weekly or stop receiving Surfing with Jesus; please send your request to gene@SurfingwithJesus.com. Continue to pray with us for the request we receive each week.

My sole desire as I share is to uplift Christ, fellow Christians, and share the love of Jesus with others.

No comments: