Tuesday, October 31, 2006

WHILE IT'S ON MY MIND #448

SURFING WITH JESUS #448103106

WHILE IT'S ON MY MIND

There have been a lot of deaths lately that have hit close to home. Of course, when any friend or love one dies it touches us in a different way than someone we don't know. In these times we are lost for words and have difficulty knowing what to say. Just what does one do you may ask? Well, I have found that the most important thing is just being there. Caring enough to listen and be available shows greater love than you may ever know.

So, many young people are dying in accidents or having health problems that take them away from us at such a youthful age. Losing a soldier from your community and seeing the pain that goes with it just opens our eyes to how short life may be.

Recently when we lost our second student from our high school in just a few days one remarked that a local pastor said he had accepted Jesus. Accepting Jesus is vital at any age and serving Jesus is what it is all about. This is why I always close with 1John 1:9 each week. I want anyone who reads to be aware that "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

When we don't understand things that happen in life we can turn to our Lord and know he is the one constant that we can depend on as we struggle with life. Join me in Psalm 71:1-5

1. In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.
2. Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline thine ear unto me, and save me.
3. Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.
4. Deliver, me, Oh my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and and cruel man.
5. For thou are my hope, O Lord God: thou art my trust from my youth.

Thank you Lord for being my continual hope and trust. In all you face today, this week, this season let these verses be on your heart and mind to direct you as you share your love and the love of Jesus in all that is placed on your plate.

P.S. Several of you noticed there have been no mailings the last few days. I pray for Surfing with Jesus requests each day even though you may not hear from me. My computer has been down and is still down as I write but our prayers are continual.

1st John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

Subscribe or Unsubscribe at gene@SurfingwithJesus.com. Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr., 2355 Parkway Dr SE, Cleveland, TN 37323. http://www.surfingwithjesus.com. Join us in prayer for all request received each week. My sole desire as I share is to uplift Christ, fellow Christians, and share the love of Jesus with others.

No comments: