Saturday, November 11, 2006

A BIRD OUT OF A CAGE #449

SURFING WITH JESUS #449111106

A BIRD OUT OF A CAGE

I feel like a bird out of a cage. I'm free! It feels so good to be free to write and send mail today. It reminds me of the night we waited and waited and waited in Viet Nam to take our flight and return to our homeland.

I will never forget when the pilot came over the box and said, "We have now cleared Viet Nam airspace, we are headed home." Wow, what a thrill! After spending a year in a land you had never heard of and with people you had never dreamed of meeting, I was coming home to a land and people I longed to see especially my lovely wife who had faithfully kept me going with her letters, tapes, and packages all year long.

I guess you could say I have been in a cave and felt I was going to explode if my computer didn't get going again so I could share the love of God. I also wanted so much to say thank you to all Veterans for serving and making it possible to have this freedom I have today to once again write what is on my heart as I seek God for what to write and share with you.

You are special and I want to thank you for being part of my life. God is so good, I have no patience with this equipment as my family will tell you but it is the avenue God has provided to share his love and let you know just how much he cares for you each day.

Although this is late, I just want to say thank you Lord for your blessings and allowing this bird to be free. What is freedom? Time will not permit me to share all but to have the freedom to choose to worship God, to raise our family, to move around, to talk and not fear for our life as we share Jesus, this and more is what freedom is for me today.

It breaks my heart when I get mail from those of you who share you don't have this freedom and you tell me about those who are being persecuted and killed for sharing Jesus. It is so sad to know that many Christians have to hide to worship and dare not tell even your family in order to save your life. I can't image this type of life but one thing that comes thru as you share is that it is worth it all because you are free in Jesus.

One of these days it won't be necessary to thank you veterans for giving of your time, your energy, your life because we will all be free as a bird when we move around heaven and that God for the victory we have in him.

Have a wonderful day and never forget to remember our veterans. Some gave some, some gave all and some are still giving so that you might be free. Showing a veteran respect can be done simply by saying "Thank you."

1st John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

Subscribe or Unsubscribe at gene@SurfingwithJesus.com. Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr., 2355 Parkway Dr SE, Cleveland, TN 37323.
http://www.surfingwithjesus.com.

Join us in prayer for all request received each week. My sole desire as I share is to uplift Christ, fellow Christians, and share the love of Jesus with others.


No comments: