Friday, December 15, 2006

Bright Lights #455

SURFING WITH JESUS # 455121306
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.

BRIGHT LIGHTS

This time of year everyone smiles as they look at the bright lights around our homes and our communities. These lights make everyone smile and beam from ear to ear. We are so happy that we tend to be kind and cheerful all month long. It is amazing how just a few lights can change our actions as we deal with people in crowded traffic and busy stores as we rush around to find that perfect gift to give to everyone.

As I ponder on this excitement I can only imagine how happy God is when he sees his children happy and excited about Jesus. As we celebrate the birth of our Lord, I pray we will share the story of Jesus and his love with this busy world in which we live.

Let me share a story that took place yesterday. My mother whom will be 85 next Monday went to the store to get some things for her home. During the busy time of day in her town her car broke down in the middle of the street. By the time she got out of her car two men jumped out and offered to help her. These men pushed her car out of the road and assisted her in getting her car towing service to come to help her. One of the men had to leave but the other one refused to leave her until help arrived.

In the next few minutes they began to talk and he ask if she went to church. She told him where she attended. Then, he went further and asks her if she knew Jesus. She told him she accepted Jesus in her heart when she was nine. In the midst of this entire struggle the bright lights continue to shine and everyone continues to be in a hurry but this young man took time to share Jesus. I’m so thankful my mother knows the Lord, but I’m excited that a total stranger took time for a little lady out in the cold with a need.

I like to imagine that if my mother had need of Jesus that the angels in heaven would have rejoiced and brighter lights than any on this earth would have burst forth because a soul was saved and returned to the Lord.

This was a great experience for this young man and my mother. I can only imagine this young man as he witnesses to someone else this Christmas season and he leads him or her to our Savior as they accept Jesus in their heart. I can feel the excitement and joy in the air as they rejoice together with a pure heart before God. In closing I pray you will be a bright light shinning for Jesus this Christmas season.

1John 1:9 "If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."


Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr., 2355 Parkway Dr. SE, Cleveland, TN 37323 Subscribe or Unsubscribe at gene@SurfingwithJesus.com. http://www.SurfingwithJesus.com. Join us in prayer for all request received each week. My sole desire as I share is to uplift Christ, fellow Christians, and share the love of Jesus with others.


1 comment:

Tom Bailey said...

I like this blog. Very inspiring to read about christians on the net.

http://sms100.blogspot.com/