Sunday, December 31, 2006

What I Received For Christmas #457

SURFING WITH JESUS # 457123006
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.

WHAT I RECEIVED FOR CHRISTMAS

Wow! I am blessed this year to have the knowledge of Jesus Christ. I know for sure that if I were to die today that I would be with Jesus because I have confessed my sins and he has forgiven me and he lives in my heart today.

It has been wonderful to see all the celebrations as we sing and rejoice about Jesus this month. There have been live nativity scenes, cantatas and plays, manager scenes and many other things that bring our thoughts to Jesus, which is what this season is all about. With all the commercialization to pump up sales using everything but Jesus it is refreshing to join family and friends in our homes and church and remember that Jesus is the reason for the season.

I know this may not be the day or date that Jesus was born but we don’t worship the date. We with the angels in heaven take time to rejoice that a Savior was born to take away the sins of the world and we are blessed to have this shared with us. It is a thrill to know God cared for us and shared His son Jesus with us.

Praise the Lord! I received many things for Christmas but the best gift is the love of God, and the love of my family, and friends. Things are good and I love them but being blessed to have all of my family together was the best gift. On Christmas day thanks to my nephew, my mother arrived from Ohio and is spending time with me as I write. Wow! This is a special treat; I never dreamed of having my mother in my home for Christmas. It’s been a long time since we spent Christmas together. Normally, we go see her on Thanksgiving and don’t fight the bad weather that she normally has in Ohio at Christmas time.

You know, God is so good to me; I don’t deserve all that he bestows upon me. I do thank Him for His love, His care, and His mercy. I don’t know why anyone would want to go a moment without Jesus in their heart. It makes me want to sing the kids song I was taught many years ago. “Into my heart, into my heart, Come into my heart, Lord Jesus, Come in today, Come in to stay, Come into my heart, Lord Jesus.” As I watch children sing the songs of Christmas, it is so precious to see them pouring their heart out to our Lord.

So, in closing, I say, thank you Lord for your blessings on me, thank you Lord for saving my soul, thank you Lord for making me whole, thank you Lord for my family and friends, thank you Lord for allowing me to minister and share your love with others. May I never forget to lift you higher as I praise and worship you in the days ahead? In the year ahead remember Jesus is the reason for the season, yes, every season. The right season for Jesus is every day, 365 days a year.

1John 1:9 "If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."


Subscribe/Unsubscribe at:
gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.

Send prayer request to:
gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.

Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr., 2355 Parkway Dr. SE, Cleveland, TN 37323

Read previous writings at:
http://www.SurfingwithJesus.com.

Join us in prayer for all request received each week.


My sole desire as I share is to uplift Christ, fellow Christians, and share the love of Jesus with others.


No comments: