Wednesday, July 11, 2007

What Is On My Heart #483

SURFING WITH JESUS #483071007
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.

What Is On My Heart

Jesus is the sweetest name I know. Having completed another year on life’s journey and celebrated another birthday this week and been called an “old man” by my lovely wife, Jesus is still the sweetest name I know.

What a treat as I arrived at church Sunday and a young man met me and said pastor there is something on the pulpit for you. After getting settle and going to the podium I found a real nice hand made birthday card. It said “Happy Birthday Gene, You’re a Super Hero.” From your side kick Jon. Inside it had a drawing of a Super Hero.

How special, I was so thrilled to have someone look at me as a Super Hero. We continued with Sunday School and as I went to start Morning worship a young lady said pastor, you can sit back down, this is your day, we have prepared singing, preaching, and a meal in honor of you.

Wow! What a surprise, I put my bible down, sit down, and enjoy the day. I cried as our youth choir sang because this time last year we had no one to be in this precious choir.

Yes, Jesus is the sweetest name I know, it is special when our church family takes time to lift you up. The guest speaker was my brother who moved to our area a year ago whom I haven’t heard preach in years.

My birthday was actually Monday and I had another annual treat for my family to get together and take me out to eat. We also had a good time.
I do appreciate the Lord, my family, and friends. Last Friday I spoke to my precious mom and told her I received a surprise in the mail. I received a birthday card from her early. This is a family funny, my mom always gets us a card but sometimes she will tell me later she forgot to put it in the mail.

Mom always says God has been so good to us. I’m thankful I have been taught to love God, fear God, and desire to do his will in my life. Yes, there is something about that name Jesus. It is the sweetest name I know and he’s just the same as his lovely name, that’s the reason, why I love him so for Jesus is the sweetest name I know

And that’s my heart today.

1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr., 2355 Parkway Dr SE, Cleveland, TN 37323
Join us in prayer for all request received each week.
Read previous writings at: http://surfingwithjesus.blogspot.com/
Send prayer request/Subscribe/Unsubscribe: gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.

No comments: