Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Do You Realize How Great God Is? #487

SURFING WITH JESUS #487081807
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.

Do You Realize How Great God Is?

Wow! As I arose this morning I was thinking of God and how great he is? I felt like sharing this with my pastor (My State Bishop), and then I thought this is a good time for each of you to take a moment and ponder this thought. So, stop what you are doing. Now, allow God’s presence to flow through your veins and give you a transfusion that will invigorate you. Oh! It is so good to feel the presence of God in our life right now.

Don’t leave me; continue to ponder on the goodness of God. Take time for you and God this moment and I promise you you’re day will be enriched with his love.

Have you ever said, “This has been a week!” A lot has gone on and I feel it’s just time to say goodbye world, its time for me and God to be alone. Take time to talk to God, take time to listen and receive food from him.

This morning I arose, took mail to the mail box (a bill to pay you know), let the dog out, watered my tomato plants and thought of all that’s happened this week.

School is back in full session, a dear friend I use to pastor went home with Jesus, a friend’s son died, everyone’s busy, etc. You know the story because you have one to tell too. Too heavy a load for many of you and this is why I just want you to take time for you and God and let his peace speak to you.

Do you remember the song “Jesus is the one, yes he’s the only one, let him have his way until the day is done, when he speaks you know the clouds will have to go, just because he loves you so.” This came to my mind as I wrote my friend that lost his wife this week and I pondered my friend’s loss of their son. None of us know about tomorrow so take time for today. I hope you did it as you read this today.

In closing, I would like to share an old writing that someone sent me this morning that I hope will help you. It is called “Love Ya!”

LOVE YA!

One day a woman's husband died, and on that clear, cold morning, in the warmth of their bedroom, the wife was struck with the pain of learning that sometimes there isn't anymore. No more hugs, no more special moments to celebrate together, no more phone calls just to chat, no more "just one minute."


Sometimes, what we care about the most gets all used up and goes away, never to return before we can say good-bye, say "I love you."So while we have it, its best we love it, care for it, fix it when it's broken and heal it when it's sick. This is true for marriage ... and old cars… and children with bad report cards, and dogs with bad hips, and aging parents and grandparents. We keep them because they are worth it, because we are worth it.

Some things we keep -- like a best friend who moved away or a classmate we grew up with. There are just some things that make us happy, no matter what. Life is important, like people we know who are special, and so, we keep them close!

I received this from someone who thought I was a 'keeper'! Then I sent it to the people I think of in the same way.

Now it's your turn to send this to all those people who are "keepers" in your life, including the person who sent it if you feel that way.

Suppose one morning you never wake up, do all your friends know you love them?I was thinking, I could die today, tomorrow or next week, and I wondered if I had any wounds needing to be healed, friendships that needed rekindling, or three words needing to be said.

Let every one of your friends know you love them. Even if you think they don't love you back, you would be amazed at what those three little words and a smile can do.

And just in case
GOD calls me home.
I LOVE YA!!!

1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr., 2355 Parkway Dr SE, Cleveland, TN 37323
Join us in prayer for all request received each week.
Read previous writings at:
http://surfingwithjesus.blogspot.com/
Send prayer request/Subscribe/Unsubscribe:
gene@SurfingwithJesus.com


No comments: