Tuesday, November 04, 2008

True Word From Me 546

Surfing with Jesus
Pastor Gene A. Dasher Sr.
54611052008

True Words From Me

It was October 1966; I was a newly wed of some 17 months. My wife and her mom and dad had brought me to the airport in Chattanooga, Tennessee for me to catch my first plane ride on my way to Viet Nam. It was now time to board and my wife was in tears and very emotional as was I. The stewardess asks what was wrong and I shared I was going to Viet Nam. She went to the pilot and came back and he said stay with her another 15 minutes, I’ll make up for it in flight.

This was a kindness that only a young soldier and his wife can really appreciate. This was a special thank you my wife and I will never forget. Did you know as we approach another Veterans Day in the USA the most important thing you can do for a soldier or a veteran and their family is to say thank you for serving.

Anytime I see a person serving our great nation I take time to say thank you for serving. Without these men and women you and I would not continue to have the freedoms we have as we are blessed to live in this great nation.

God has blessed our nation in so many ways and I want to take a moment to give honor, glory, and praise to our creator who makes all these things possible. America, we need to remember the Lord our God, our creator. In the days of our youth we called upon him and sought him as a nation. I am concerned as we have become a little older that we often fail to put him first in our activities and actions as a nation.

Why does this concern me? Because any nation that forgets God pays a price sooner or later. Look at Israel over the years, when they call upon God he is always there for them, when they turn away from him destruction has come their way.

America, stand up, stand up for Jesus in every way. This is the true way is continue to have God’s blessing on us as individuals and as a nation.

Remember: 1John 1:9 “If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

Send prayer request to: gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.
Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com/.

No comments: