Sunday, November 09, 2008

What a Treat for this Veteran 547

Surfing with Jesus
Pastor Gene A. Dasher Sr.
54711092008

What a Treat for this Veteran

I have been sick all weekend. My wife ask me on Saturday night did she need to prepare to take my place in our Sunday service. I told her it would probably be good for her to prepare. She said you can go though and be with us in service. Of course I said okay.

Upon arriving at church we opened up and I went to the grave yard with our youth to put flags on our fence and on Veterans graves. We rushed back in had Sunday School. Then, the youth and young people had a surprise for me.

What a treat, my Sunday School teacher had written a nice writing thanking me for serving my country. His wife and children sang and signed a song which was a blessing to all. It means so much to have this current generation to remember.

At the front of the church was a nice poster with pictures including my picture. Everyone signed the poster that gave me a special greeting. What a treat.

And there is more. My wife had gathered pictures from the time I was sworn into the Army and followed my path to Ft Knox to Vietnam to Ft Hood Texas where our son was born. Everyone said I was so skinny then. “Those were the days.”

Yes, this was a special day for me and this thank you will long be remembered.

Now, its your time, take time today to say thank you to a Veteran, it may be a friend, a neighbor, a uncle, grandpa, dad, sister, mother etc. It is very special to have some one say thank you.

Veterans Day is Tuesday November, 11, 2008. It is honored on the eleventh hour, the eleventh day, and the eleventh day of each year.

Remember: 1John 1:9 “If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

Send prayer request to: gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.
Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com/.

No comments: