Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My First Retirement Assignment / My Mother 575

Surfing with Jesus

Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.

gene@SurfingwithJesus.com

57506182009

My First Retirement Assignment

My Mother

Yes, I know it is Father’s Day Weekend and I was blessed with a wonderful father and dad who has been with the Lord for 24 years. However, my mother has been ailing and now has the shingles so I’m in Ohio with her this Father’s Day.

Mom decided to wait until she is 87 to deal with this horrible affliction. Thanks to my lovely wife who is taking care of our home and church I was able to slip in on mom and help her. God is so good to allow this to take place. What would we do without the Lord?

It hurts to see mom suffer but her faith is great and the doctor said today she is mending quicker than he expected. Mom said well there are many people praying for me. Mom is a great prayer warrior and trust God and the prayers of others when she is in need.

It is a thrill just to sit and hear her share stories and learn more about God as we have this precious time together. I have to fight her over staying away from the stove as usual because she doesn’t need heat to affect her sores. What can I say? She loves to cook and I love her cooking but she needs to mend first.

Thank you Lord for the blessing I am receiving as I write and share your goodness and love with others. The Psalmist wrote in 121:1 “I will lift mine eyes unto the hills…” As you lift your eyes unto God sing praises unto his name. He alone can lead you and guide you into all truth today.

Lord I ask your blessings on all our readers today and I pray you heal bodies, mend broken homes, lift up the discouraged, and provide salvation for those in need in Jesus name I pray.

REMEMBER

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Send prayer request to: gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.

Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com/

No comments: