Thursday, December 02, 2010

THANKS TO MY SPECIAL BROTHER #66312022010

SURFING WITH JESUS

Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.

Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com

#66312022010

THANKS TO MY SPECIAL BROTHER

Thanksgiving has come and gone and no I didn’t forget about it. On the contrary I spent 53 working hours with my brother Quillie doing church and parsonage repairs. He gave of himself to help us and we at Union Grove appreciate it very much. His many talents helped us get several things completed.

And then he preached for us on Sunday and fed us with God’s word. I indeed am blessed to have such a brother. Of course I’m thankful for my other two brothers also as well as all our family. God has blessed us to have families that love the Lord and we take this moment to thank him for that.

My mother, soon to be 89 prays for us each day and has taught us to love God and love people. Her continual example rings out to us each time we see her or talk to her. If something is going on in our lives she always knows and will let you know the Lord brought you to mind so she wants to know what is going on. Her feelings are normally right. She has each family member on her picture wall and calls our name in prayer daily. Thank you Lord. Moms love and care for each of us is truly an inspiration.

Thank you Quillie for taking your extended Thanksgiving weekend to be with us and encourage us to cling to “We will instead of We can.” I’m clinging to a prayer I prayed in July and know God will fulfill the desire of my heart.

Now, back to Ohio and your snow little brother and get those plows out and ready to go. Come see us again and we’ll try to give you a break with no repairs on the table for you to do.

Yes, Thanksgiving has come but it is never gone because I give thanks to God each day. God is so good, how does anyone live without him? If you know Jesus you can experience what I’m talking about. If you need Jesus simply repent of your sins today, ask him into your heart and receive him as your Lord and Master. He awaits your call and is ready to receive you.

REMEMBER

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.

Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com

No comments: