Monday, January 17, 2011

OVERCOMING DISCOURRAGEMENTS #66801152011

SURFING WITH JESUS

Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.

Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com

66801152011

OVERCOMING DISCOURAGEMENTS

The Bible is full of examples of people overcoming discouragements. However when we are discouraged it is difficult at the time to see that anyone can see or feel what we are experiencing. This week has been one of frustration for me with Surfing with Jesus. I got it written and ready to send but no matter what I tried it just would not post. Internal error 500 it would say. What in this world I would reply and then I would try again.

Finally on Friday I found out the folks I use had made changes on their end I was unaware of. Now after days of frustration it’s in your hands. Wow! This is wonderful so I thought I would go ahead and write a new Surfing with Jesus for this week. Have no fear it didn’t happen because a virus from an e-mail from a trusted friend took hold of my computer and I was delayed for two days for repairs.

This is a small thing compared to what I see some of you going thru this week but it was discouraging for me. An update on my mother and her massive stroke finds her no worse and no better I would say. Several of you have had discouragements with sickness and lingering illness, and even death in your families this week. I pray God will lift you up and help you today as you trust him with your needs. Be encouraged God is ever present and near.

My wife received a call from her Aunt in California this week asking I go to the hospital and pray for a loved one that is being given just a few days to live. Her concern was his relationship with God. One can become discouraged when they are not sure if their love one is ready to meet the Lord. Be encouraged dear one, your love one prayed with my brother-in-law and me and acknowledge he received the word and has accepted Christ. Oh praise the Lord, we rejoiced with the angels in heaven.

Let us go forth this week in the strength of the Lord as we mediate on a familiar verse. Read with me Isa. 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

The ole song says “teach me Lord to wait down on my knees.” Lord help us to sing it and help us to experience it as we call upon you trusting you as we learn to lean not on our own understanding. Help us Lord in all our ways to acknowledge you knowing you will direct our path. Thank you Jesus, thank you this moment for your strength we need today.

REMEMBER

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.

Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com

No comments: