Monday, February 21, 2011

LITTLE "TUCKER" AND RAINBOW BRIDGE #67502212011

SURFING WITH JESUS

Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.

Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com

#67502212011

LITTLE “TUCKER” AND RAINBOW BRIDGE

Indulge me a few moments of personal grief this morning and understand I’m not crazy but want to share part of my life from the past few days.

On Valentine’s Day weekend my wife and I went to a church family retreat on our way to visit my mother who was back in the hospital. We had a wonderful time at the retreat. It had been 25 years since we were last at one. Our State First Lady had a fabulous uplifting program centered around the 50’s, 60’s, 80’s etc. We laughed and fellowshipped all weekend.

Having been worn out by all the activity we stayed another night and yes my wife went shopping and enjoyed herself as always at Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.

Now, the sun is shining brightly, we are having a pleasant trip to see mom and as we are deep in work traffic in Cincinnati, we get a phone call from my daughter. On this beautiful Valentine Day she was heartbroken as she said our neighbor got a hold of her and told her our middle dog “Mr. Personality” Tucker got out some way and was killed by a utility truck. This driver was very kind, left a note and was sorry he ran out into his truck.

Tucker our Yorkie was the live wire in our house that kept us and our two Chihuahuas going. He was so beautiful and full of life, he was the life of the party. He would be in the window, down the hall, in the back yard and in your lap in a flash and gone again.

Of course my wife was beside herself and the whole family has been down over it. Just a Dog one may say but it shows just how attached and close one can get to a pet. I wonder if we allow ourselves to get this close to God if we would do even greater wonders as we serve and minister.

We continued our trip to see my precious mom as my grandson, neighbor, and daughter took on the task of attending to Tucker. My grandson was a real young man as he dug a grave; my daughter rocked our baby and cried as they prepared him for burial. My neighbor held a little service for him and said “Tucker when you get to heaven, go to Rainbow Bridge and get up with Domino (Her dog that died recently) and play. You two have fun together.

Two people sent my wife a card this week with thoughtful and kind words. One of the cards had a rainbow on it and this uplifted my wife as she connected the Rainbow Bridge with it. God knows when we hurt and he knows how to lift us up and help even with our pets. Yes, in my ministry I have prayed for people, jobs, cars, homes and pets.

Little Tucker we miss your love, we miss the joy you brought into our life this short time (less than two years) we had you. Go play now on Rainbow Bridge and tell Domino hello too.

REMEMBER

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.

Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com

No comments: