Sunday, March 13, 2011

I'VE HAD A HARD TIME WRITING THIS WEEK #678

SURFING WITH JESUS

Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.

Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com

#67803132011

I’ve Had a Hard Time Writing This Week

I’ve had a hard time getting my mind on writing this week. My lovely mom continues to hang on even when it seems like it’s impossible. I love her and it’s hard to watch her lay there and unable to speak or sing or share in her normal way. She is so precious and has blessed us in so many ways. I love you mom.

Now I ask myself what mom would tell me to do. She would say write son, continue to uplift Christ in your words. Therefore, I am endeavoring to write this morning. As I write I continue to pray God’s will with mom’s health and life. I placed her in God’s hands and prayed His will when she had the stroke in December and again a few days ago when she had a heart attack.

Even though she is in your hands Lord it is not easy to let her go but we have released her to you. Mom there is so much I think of as you have always been there for me. I remember the little horses you drew as a child for us to color; I remember the tears you shed for all us boys over the years but most of all I remember you taught us about Jesus from the time we were babies and even now as you lay there unable to verbally speak.

You are so precious, Jesus truly loves us because he allowed us to have a God fearing loving mother to raise us and share the goodness of God even when things may not have looked so good to us.

I know the Lord is worthy of all praise, but I want to lift you up a little bit too as I ponder and remember all the things you have taught me. One thing I hope I always do is pray for people like you do. I know if I want someone to get a prayer thru I should call you and you will call your prayer partners and seek God for my need.

Mom you are the best, I hope us boys will continue your love to others and help those in needs even the stray cats you feed that you say are not yours. It was sad in December as they would come to your back door patiently waiting in the ice and snow for you to throw out your scraps and you were not there. Little things mean a lot even to the neighborhood animals.

Well, I need to get some rest, it will be time to go preach in a few short minutes and I know you would tell me to tell everyone about the love of Jesus. It doesn’t matter how rough things are you would always kick your mind and heart in gear and say “now listen to me complain, God is so good to us.” I’ll talk to you later mom, thank you for all you have done. You are the best.

REMEMBER

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.

Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com

No comments: