Monday, May 23, 2011

WHAT'S MEMORIAL DAY ALL ABOUT #68805222011

SURFING WITH JESUS

Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.

Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com

#68805222011

WHAT’S MEMORIAL DAY ALL ABOUT

To some it is just a Holiday, a time to go to the lake, a time to camp out, a time to relax and have some family time. There is nothing wrong with any of these things and I hope you have a great time. All I ask is that you take time to REMEMBER!

Take time to remember how blessed we are to have a Savior and how blessed we are to know a true and living God. Without God we would not have this life we enjoy. Without him we could and would be nothing.

Take time to pray for those who are facing this special day for the first time without their son, daughter, father, mother, husband, grandfather, grandmother or friend who gave their life so that we may have this freedom we enjoy.

Take time to be grateful for all who have given their life and for those who continue to give their daily life that we may enjoy this day in peace. Remember that Veteran who is still living that lives each day with aches and pains that may or may not be war related. They did this for you and me.

Many families have given over the years and I hope to be eternally grateful. I’m thankful for wives and families such as my wife who prayed for me, stood by me, sent me hundreds of tapes and letters while I was in Vietnam to lift me up. I often think she suffered more than I did just not knowing what was going on from day to day.

No, we did not have the technology we have today to talk to our love ones. When I left on that plane I would not be able to reach her for a year. We did meet on R&R but that was it. I did stay up all night one time trying to get her on ham radio to no avail. Thank you precious wife and oh yes we are still married after 46 years and I love her more today than ever.

So, as I close I just ask you to remember and have a good day. If you know Jesus personally you are blessed indeed. If you do not know Jesus take time to celebrate with the angels by receiving Christ and walk with him the rest of your life.

REMEMBER

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com

No comments: