Thursday, January 12, 2012

THE LORD IS MY ROCK, MY FORTRESS, MY DELIVERER #72901122012

SURFING WITH JESUS

Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.

Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com

#72901122012

THE LORD IS MY ROCK, MY FORTRESS, MY DELIVERER

My mother’s Bible cover has a lighthouse and these words on it. Be encouraged with the first three verses of Psalm 18 as you read with me.

1I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.

2The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

3I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

The Tyndale Life Application summed it up real good I think.

“God’s protection of his people is limitless and can take many forms. David characterized God’s care with five military symbols. God is like:

1. A rock that can’t be penetrated by anyone who would harm us.

2. A fortress or place of safety where the enemy can’t follow.

3. A buckler, or shield, that comes between us and harm.

4. A horn of salvation, a symbol of might and power.

5. A tower high above our enemies.

If you need protection look to God”

It is so important for us to remember GOD IS. With him we need nothing else because he will see us safely thru. So today I wish you enough of God to believe that HE IS and will keep that which he has promised.

REMEMBER

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com

No comments: