Saturday, December 22, 2012

CHRISTMAS 201212152012




SURFING WITH JESUS
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
#78412152012

CHRISTMAS 2012
Gary D. Bell

Its Christmastime, and once again
I'm sitting here with pen in hand;
Wondering just what I can say
To commemorate this special day.

Before I've written about the birth
Of God's dear Son, Who came to earth
To pay the ransomed price for me
And saved my soul for eternity.

Years ago I wrote in a lighter vein,
With a cute idea, to entertain;
T'was a true story that happened to me
And my Puerto Rican Christmas tree.

Sometimes my pen, a sharpened sword
Has attacked my foes with poetic word;
They change the  way we celebrate
Because our God is Who they hate.

Last year I wrote of Christmas here
And the way the folks share yuletide cheer;
Of the wonderful way in which we live,
As to each other our hearts we give.

But this year's different, what can I say?
For my Christmas angel has flown away;
Leaving Daisy and me to go alone            (my Boston terrier)
Until God's mercy calls me home.

I miss her more than I can say,
But I'll not grieve my heart away;
For many here need strength from me,
So I smile and treat them tenderly.

But behind the smile no one knows
Of the heartache and the pain that flows;
Some say that it's a passing thing,
But how long will it to me cling?

God is filling that empty space,
Comforting me with infinite grace;
So let us not be sad this day,
Let's carry on in a joyous way.

Christmas is no time for tears,
For God's been good throughout  the years;
Let's celebrate as church bells ring,
The glorious birthday of our Lord and King!

Gary is a fellow Vietnam Veteran friend of mine who lost his wife this year. They ministered together many years and were a blessing to all. God bless you Gary, thanks for sharing with us.

I know several of you have crossed this bridge this year too. Be encouraged by Gary, he has been several places for missions since this and continues to be strong in the Lord.

REMEMBER
“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.

Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com


No comments: