Tuesday, December 04, 2012

NOTHING EARTH SHATTERING #78012042012



SURFING WITH JESUS
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
#78012042012

NOTHING EARTH SHATTERING

Nothing earth shattering, nothing to gain the headlines, just another minister of the gospel leaves this world to put on a new robe and crown. Then tonight as we finish a Pastor’s Christmas meal with our State Bishop, another minister lands in the hospital with heart problems. Ministers come and go but while here they proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

Have you heeded their cry as they pour their heart out about Jesus and his love for you? Jesus gave his life that you might hope of eternal life and these ministers give their lives fulfilling the commission of Jesus to proclaim Jesus to you and me.

My heart has been heavy thinking about these men and so many others like them that give and give and give with the sole desire to see us learn more about Jesus so we can withstand the evil days in which we live. 

Have you taken time to thank these ministers for the love they give to you? One minister said to me tonight you know I miss our buddy and I knew exactly which minister he was talking about because he mentored me too. I’m glad I let him know how much I loved him and find myself desiring to be able to touch people as he did in so many ways with his love for Jesus.

One may think I am depressed but rest assured I’m encouraged as I behold Christ and the labor he and these ministers put forth desiring to see me endure faithfully until the end.

Our State Bishop said tonight he was going to tell us when Christ would return. He said no man knows neither the day nor the hour. I can still hear an ole Bishop play his instrument and proclaim you better be ready to meet him in the air.

So, yes, we come and we go but the message is clear and remains to proclaim unto you JESUS IS COMING SOON.    

REMEMBER 

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.

Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com

No comments: