Monday, January 14, 2013

CAUGHT UP ON SICKNESS #78801122013




SURFING WITH JESUS
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
#78801122013

CAUGHT UP ON SICKNESS

Seems like everyone is sick or has been sick this week. My family has had its share this week too. My wife started getting better and I get it. You know the story, have you had your flu shot, yes, have you tried so and so and on and on it goes. 

Well in this process I got James 5:13-16 on my mind and spent most of the week on it. I know the ole song “The devil is a sly ole fox, if I could catch him I’d put him in a box, I’d lock the box and throw away the key for all those tricks he’s played on me.”

When you are sick, you are sick, and you just want to get over it. So, read with me these verses.
James 5:13-16 KJV
13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
We’ve done a lot of anointing and praying the past few days. God is always faithful we just have to get it in his hands. It’s been harder to be merry and sing songs but we have tried our best.
It says the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. This is best understood by saying the unceasing prayer. Believe you me as sick as some of us have been it has been quiet easy to pray continuously.
I hope this week you will be able to be merry and sing unto Lord and remember even in your sickness he is there.

REMEMBER 

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.

Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com




No comments: