Saturday, January 19, 2013

GRATITUDE FOR DELIVERANCE AND VICTORY #78901192013



SURFING WITH JESUS
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
#78901192013

GRATITUDE FOR DELIVERANCE AND VICTORY

The only true way to be delivered from surrounding evil is to call upon God for help and strength. Psalm 18 is a Psalm of David, the servant of the Lord, who spake unto the Lord the words of this song in the day that the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul. And He said,

Psalm 18:1-6

 I will love thee, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid.
The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me.
In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears…

David praised God for his glorious works and blessings through the years. God’s protection of his people is limitless and can take many forms. David characterized God’s care with five military symbols.

God is like:

(1) A rock that can’t be penetrated by any who would harm us.
(2) A fortress or place of safety where the enemy can’t follow.
(3) A buckler, or shield, that comes between us and harm.
(4) A horn of Salvation, a symbol of might and power.
(5) A tower high above our enemies.

So, I declare unto you this day, this moment, if you need protection, LOOK TO GOD! Man may fail you but God is ever present and will never fail.  (Some notes from contributors to Life Application Bible, Tyndale.)

REMEMBER 

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.

Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com