Sunday, February 01, 2015

Chaplain's Corner #8841112015

SURFING WITH JESUS
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
Web Site:  http://surfingwithjesus.org    #8841112015
CHAPLAIN’S CORNER

Today I share a writing I’m doing for TNSC Veterans Magazine.

Greetings, my fellow Vietnam Veterans, family, and friends. Wow! Where did 2014 go? It seems like yesterday it began but no 2015 is well on its way. As I look back to 2014 we all had some ups and downs. Some had good health, some had bad and we had far too many leave us.

I am so thankful to have known many of those that left us; we shared together, played together and prayed together. I will remember those time and continue to cherish them.

For those of you that are still with us, there is a reason, sometimes we wonder why we are here but God has a plan and purpose for you. My goal this year is to continue to do all I can for God, our Veterans and fellow man. How about you?

God has been so good to me and I always want to thank him for his love and his tender mercies. Yes, I have aches and pains, and I have ups and downs in life but God is so real I just want to take a moment and remember how good he is to me.

This week with cold weather I was taking my dogs out and I heard this peck, peck, and peck. I kept looking and sure enough there on a tree in my yard was an ole woodpecker working his heart out to survive in this life. What a treat to see God’s creation knowing what to do to survive even under bad circumstances.

I wonder if we took time to remember where we come from and how far we’ve come if we would be encouraged to stick it out and do the best we can to survive. Sometimes it’s hard when we struggle and we wonder about the verse that tells us God will not put more on us than we can bear but he will make a way.

Yes, my God is real and he will not leave you nor forsake you. Place your hand in his hand in 2015 and allow his peace to surround you and help you continue your journey. 

REMEMBER

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9
Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.
Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com
-




No comments: