Saturday, August 12, 2006

MY HEART'S DESIRE #437

SURFING WITH JESUS #437081206
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
2355 Parkway Dr. SE
Cleveland, TN 37323
gene@SurfingwithJesus.com
www.SurfingwithJesus.com

MY HEART'S DESIRE

Lord give me thy word for your people today. Grant me the wisdom, the knowledge, and the love to share what we need from you today in Jesus name I pray. As you have often seen me write, my sole desire as I write each week is to uplift Christ, fellow Christians, and share the love of Jesus with others. It is wonderful to know in our search for the right thing to say we have Jesus to show us the way.

Often, I share ideas that you may not need that day but I have found it is for someone as they search for God. When it isn't for you, join me in praying for the one that it is for that day. Who knows it may not be for you today but it may be food and strength for the future.

God is so awesome, I believe as the word says that if we hunger and thirst for righteousness, we will be filled. Do you remember a time God filled you? It's so refreshing when we know God have given us the wisdom, love, knowledge, or the caring heart we have need of at a given moment.

As I write tonight, I am hungry for God's word to penetrate your heart and my heart and lead us forward into the light he has for our path. My hearts desire is to make it to heaven. This is my goal but I always want to help you and others find their way to God and continue on this journey as we complete the commission he has placed before us before he takes us home.

Proverbs 19:8 tells us "He that getteth wisdom loveth his own soul: he that keepeth understanding shall find good." This may sound selfish but I don't think so because if you don't love your own soul, you will not be able to help me or others find their way to Jesus.

Proverbs 19:16 says "He that keepeth the commandment keepeth his own soul; but he that despiseth his ways shall die." To obey what God teaches us in his word is self-preserving. I don't understand why one would be self-destructive and disobey God's word.

I will close with Proverbs 19:23 as the writer shares "The fear of the Lord tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall be satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil. Both good and bad may come our way in life but having the fear of the Lord gives us the strength to endure until the end of the way. It will be wonderful one day when we see Jesus and hear him say well done thou good and faithful servant. I pray for God's direction in your life. If we never meet on this earth, I pray we join together in praises to God when we meet in heaven.

1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
To join us weekly or stop receiving Surfing with Jesus, please send your request to gene@SurfingwithJesus.com. Please continue to pray with us for the request we receive each day.
My sole desire as I share is to uplift Christ, fellow Christians, and share the love of Jesus with others.


No comments: