Saturday, January 17, 2009

2008 Has Come and Gone

Surfing with Jesus
Pastor Gene A. Dasher Sr.
55301012009

2008 Has Come and Gone

What we did in Christ will last. Now, let us begin 2009 focused on continuing in Christ and complete all he places in our hands to do with vigor and might.

Happy New Year everyone! I fought as hard as I could to stay up and watch the new ball drop in New York and barely made it and then my party was in dream land.

Join me in the word as Nathan the prophet came unto David after he had gone in to Bathsheba and committed sin. This is a prayer for cleansing.

Psalm 51:1-12

1Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

2Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

3For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

4Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

5Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

6Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

7Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

8Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.

9Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.

10Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

11Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

12Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

David has done a great evil in his life but now he seeks forgiveness. As we begin 2009 may we come boldly before the throne of grace and seek God’s forgiveness of anything we have failed in or come short in and put it under His blood as we go forward in Him.

May we desire to be well-pleasing to God and seek him diligently as we face the days he grants us this year. I want to have joy and gladness as the Lord continually creates in me a clean heart and renews a right spirit.

Remember:

If you have missed knowing me, you have missed nothing. If you have missed some of my emails, you have missed a laugh or an uplifting word.

But, if you have missed knowing my LORD and SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST, you have missed everything in the world.


1John 1:9 “If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

Send prayer request to: gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.
Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com/