Thursday, July 16, 2009

What's On Your Mind 58007162009

Surfing with Jesus

Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.

gene@SurfingwithJesus.com

58007162009

What’s On Your Mind?

For those who use Facebook this is the question you see each time you open this site. Some days it is easy to tell what’s on your mind and some days it is hard. What’s on my mind right now is the word of God.

John 14:1-4

“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.”

This past week I was at a wonderful (Tennessee COGOP) Convention. It was easy to sit back and enjoy the presence of the Lord and not let our heart be troubled as we were refreshed with singing, preaching, and testimonies. However at the end of the day there were those who perhaps left with a heavy heart over this appointment or some decision.

We may not understand a situation today but we do know that God looks out for us and we understand the way to reach him and continue to be enriched by his presence. John goes on to say in John 14:15-21, 26-27.

“If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also…But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”

Take a moment now and rejoice in the word of God. It will feed you and the Holy Ghost will lead you and direct you into all truth. This is what’s on my mind, now tell the Lord what is on your mind and receive of Him.

REMEMBER

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Send prayer request to: gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: gene@SurfingwithJesus.com

Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com/

No comments: