Friday, August 26, 2011

GOOD TO BE HOME @70308262011

SURFING WITH JESUS

Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.

Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com

#70308262011

GREAT TO BE HOME

After spending a week in Reno, Nevada at the Vietnam Veterans of America National Convention it is great to be home. It was nice to be with fellow Veterans and meet new ones as we try to find ways to take care of our Veterans. Vietnam Veterans have made the promise we will not let another generation of Veterans be left behind.

No, I didn’t get rich and I didn’t go broke while in Reno. In fact I walked by the machines and never played them. You know God is good wherever you go. I was able to spend time with a fairly new friend (Jim) our local Vice President and enjoying getting better acquainted as we represented our Cleveland Chapter 596.

I got tickled on Wednesday night Jim said he missed not being in his local church service. I said that’s no problem we can have service right now. So, on the 27th floor of the Silver Legacy looking out over the dessert and mountains I got the Gideon Bible off of the table while Jim got his Bible out and we read, talked and prayed. Folks I can have church anywhere or anytime. Such a sweet spirit as we worshipped together.

Why do I go to these Conventions? Well, I want to do all I can to help fellow Veterans. I’ve served in many positions and take serious the needs of those who put their life on the line for our Nation. Whether in a war zone or not they are still serving us. As State Chaplain, and Cleveland Tennessee Chapter 596 Chaplain I want to be ready and prepared to meet any need one may have.

While away my wife, daughter, and another local Veteran and his family took care of the services at our church and God blessed them as they sang, taught and preached. Thank you Edwina, Christy, D. L. and family for being ready and prepared to serve Union Grove while I was away.

God is so wonderful. It is so good to have fellow Christians to fellowship and worship with. I don’t know how anyone can deny him or fail to give him the honor glory and praise for all he does for us. God is ever present and “He is real in my soul.”

I have been blessed to have a new roof on my house this week and a new roof on my son’s home. I didn’t think the tornados of April 27th had done much damage but a stranger came by and brought it to my attention. After replacing 41 boards on my son’s home we are happy that everything will be finished this week. Two new roofs with Insurance kicking in most of it. Thank you Lord!

I’ll close for now, just wanted you to know I haven’t forgotten you just been away. I prayed for you each day and will continue to lift you up before the Lord. He knows your heart, he knows your need, and he will provide.

REMEMBER

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com

No comments: