Wednesday, August 31, 2011

THANKSGIVING FOR ANSWERED PRAYER #70508312011

SURFING WITH JESUS

Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.

Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com

#70508312011

THANKSGIVING FOR ANSWERED PRAYER

Join me as I share Psalm 138 and some of the commentary footnotes in my Tyndale Publishers Life Application Bible. (Page 1065)

Psalm 138 King James Version (KJV)

1I will praise thee with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee. 2I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. 3In the day when I cried thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul. 4All the kings of the earth shall praise thee, O LORD, when they hear the words of thy mouth. 5Yea, they shall sing in the ways of the LORD: for great is the glory of the LORD. 6Though the LORD be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly: but the proud he knoweth afar off. 7Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me. 8The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.

The theme of Psalm 138 is “Thanksgiving for answered prayer”. “God works out his plans for our lives and will bring us through the difficulties we face.”

“As we thank God for material and spiritual blessings, we should also thank him for answered prayer. Remember when you asked God for protection, strength, comfort, patience, love, or other special needs and he supplied them? Beware of taking God’s provision for granted.”

“Each of us dreams and makes plans and makes plans for our future. We work hard to see those dreams and plans come true. But to truly make the most of life, we must include God’s plan in our plans. He alone knows what is best for us; he alone can ‘perfect that which concerneth me.’ As you make plans and dream dreams, talk with God about them.”

Lord I lift my voice in adoration and praise today. My desire is your will and yours alone as I face each day and each challenge. Thank you Lord for you are my strength and my fortress. You are my God and there is none other.

REMEMBER

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com

No comments: