Monday, February 20, 2012

PREPARATION #73902192012

SURFING WITH JESUS

Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.

Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.Blogspot.com

#73902192012

PREPARATION

Preparation makes a difference in all realms of life whether it’s work, school, play, recreation, etc. We need to learn to let God handle the universe and most other things as well. We need to learn to trust God more than we do. And how do we trust Him? What is the evidence that we trust Him? We talk to Him. We turn everything over to Him.

Proverbs 3:5-6 5Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.

Many people trifle with or perhaps play with that which will affect them eternally. They play at their religion or Christianity instead of taking it seriously.

We all need to realize how short life is and prepare for the end whether it’s death or the Lord’s return. And we prepare for the end and for the next life by knowing the Lord and walking with Him. DO YOU KNOW HIM? And, are you walking with Him every day?

Philippians 4:4-4:7 4Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice. 5Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. 6Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

I’m sure you’ve seen this story but it’s an example of preparation for each day that will help us.

The Worry Tree!

The Carpenter I hired to help me restore and old farmhouse had just finished a rough first day on the job. A flat tire made him lose an hour of work, his electric saw quit, and now his ancient pickup truck refused to start. While I drove him home, he sat in stony silence.

On arriving, he invited me in to meet his family. As we walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both hands. When opening the door, he underwent an amazing transformation. His tanned face wreathed in smiles and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.

Afterward he walked me to the car. We passed the tree and my curiosity got the better of me. I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier.

"Oh, that's my trouble tree", he replied. "I know I can't help having troubles on the job, but one thing for sure, troubles don't belong in the house with my wife and the children. So I just hang them on the tree every night when I come home. Then in the morning I pick them up again."

"Funny thing is", he smiled, "when I come out in the morning to pick 'em up, there ain't nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before."

Author unknown

Will you trust God today? Will you hang your worries on your trouble tree and allow Jesus to transform you? Jesus is coming soon and preparation is needed by each of us and I want to make it to Heaven, how about you? Top of Form

REMEMBER

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com

Top of Form

Bottom of Form

No comments: