Monday, August 27, 2012

OH LORD I JUST WANT TO PRAISE YOU #76808272012


SURFING WITH JESUS
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
#76808272012

OH LORD I JUST WANT TO PRAISE YOU

Oh Lord, I just want to praise you and thank you for everything this morning. I thank you for the tears in my eyes as I think of your love and goodness to me. Lord, you alone are to be praised. You are my all in all. You are my strength. You are the healer of my body. You continue to bless me beyond all measure. I thank you for the presence of the sweet Holy Spirit as I write and share with others. 

Lord, what is man but a vapor, he vanishes away, but you are divine, you are forever and my soul seeks you to live and abide in me. The song says “He abides, he abides, hallelujah, he abides with me.” I am rejoicing as I walk this narrow way for the comforter abides with me. Oh praise your wonderful name.

Yes, it’s Monday for many folks but why get up blue and discouraged, why not start this week with heaven on your mind. Yes, Jesus is near, allow him to refresh you, he is better than any cup of coffee you put to your lips and he will give you energy all day and it flows freely as you take a drink from his fountain.

Ok, dog got me up, couldn’t go back to sleep; so thought I would have a refreshing moment with our Lord. Wow! This is better than sleep anyway. Let me leave you with a Psalm of thanksgiving for answered prayer. God works out his plans for our lives and will bring us through the difficulties we face. I share Psalm 138

 I will praise thee with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee.
I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
In the day when I cried thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul.
All the kings of the earth shall praise thee, O Lord, when they hear the words of thy mouth.
Yea, they shall sing in the ways of the Lord: for great is the glory of the Lord.
Though the Lord be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly: but the proud he knoweth afar off.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me.
The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.

Now, let’s have a little talk with Jesus, tell him all about your troubles, he will hear you when you call and he will answer. You will know it is he alone that makes the way for you. Now, you able the praise the Lord with me and be full of joy. 

REMEMBER 

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.

Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Dr. Henry B. Lain said...

Pastor Gene,

Wow! What a beautiful devotion. This is just what I needed for RIGHT NOW! Thank you for losing sleep and obeying the LORD. Wonderful words of encouragement.

Henry B. Lain
Simpsonville, SC