Thursday, June 13, 2013

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY 2013 #81906132013



SURFING WITH JESUS
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
#81906132013

HAPPY FATHER’S DAY
2013

Happy Father’s Day to one and all, I hope all you fathers are being good dads today. My desire is to be a good dad as God blessed me to be the father of two wonderful children.

Have you ever wondered what have I done with the awesome challenge of being a dad? As a dad I desire to love my children and set an example before them. Sometimes, I have failed but being a dad didn’t come with a service manual or a pill to make me perfect.

I am so glad both my children love the Lord and try to set an example before others to fear God and keep his commandments. My desire is to do all I can to cherish them and make it to heaven with them when God calls us home.

Dad, we have to continually work on being dad, after years of experience I still want to improve and love my family. God has been so good to us and blessed us in every way and I want to return that love to him thru loving my children.

The song says “When you’ve failed and gone astray forsaking things above, seek the straight and narrow way to dwell where God is love.” We are not perfect men, we do make mistakes but we have a Heavenly Father to turn to and ask for help to show us the way to grow and do better as a dad.

Dad we need to daily remember what the Psalm says in chapter 136 verse 26: “Oh give thanks unto the God of heaven: for his mercy endureth forever.” Since God’s mercy endures forever, I think it’s good for our mercy to endure forever when we are interacting with our children. Remember they didn’t receive a manual on being your kid either.

If you have been a good dad that is wonderful but seek ways to be even better. If you have been a bad dad, start afresh and anew and be a good dad. Love your children it will pay dividends now and in the future.

My desire is to be the best dad in the world and to know I have shown them all I can to make it in this life and the in the life to come. So, I say HAPPY FATHER’S DAD, enjoy your day.


REMEMBER

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com



No comments: