Sunday, June 30, 2013

WATCH, STAND, BE STRONG #82306302013



SURFING WITH JESUS
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
 #82306302013

WATCH, STAND, BE STRONG

In thinking about the 4th of July on which the United States celebrates its freedom and liberty each year, and while studying for my sermon these thoughts came to me after reading 1st Corinthians 15 & 16.

Many of us are concerned about our world and all the things we see happening that is fulfilling prophecies every day. I too am troubled to see our nation turn further and further away from God and I think that is why the word of God is so helpful in helping us see and know that we must watch, stand and be strong, 

Read a few verses from Paul’s writings with me. 

1ST Corinthians 15
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
1ST Corinthians 16
13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.
14 Let all your things be done with charity.

These verses ring out the truth to us and I want to cry out death where is your sting, grave where is your victory. I’m so thankful I have God for times like these to direct my path. Let us be steadfast, unmovable and always abounding in the work of the Lord. What you are doing is not in vain but will last for eternity. 

There is no doubt in my mind as you going about your day that you will be blessed as you do all things in love. The song says “God is love eternally, the Bible tells me so, proven on dark Calvary his matchless love to show.”

So, I proclaim again WATCH, STAND and be STRONG.

REMEMBER 

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com


No comments: