Saturday, March 14, 2015

Gleaming from our Mentors #89303102015

SURFING WITH JESUS
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
Web Site:  http://surfingwithjesus.org #89303102015

Gleaming from our Mentors

I received an invitation to join in the meeting of the GAE (General Appointees Emeriti) for the church at the International Offices (Upper Room Chapel), Cleveland, TN today and it was a thrill to worship with many warriors I have known as I grew up. A special thank you to Gladys Long Scotton for her kind invitation.

God is so good, he still works in and thru us regardless of where our path has taken us and where we are today. The same spirit of God that led these folks over the years leads them today. Young folks you would be blessed to take advantage of picking their brains and grasping the golden nuggets they have to offer.

Allowing these precious leaders to mentor you will enlighten you and enhance your ministry. Everyone needs a mentor, I’m thankful I’ve had several over the years. I remember Bishop John Murphy as I pastored my first church. He became my hero and my spiritual giant and was full of love, care, and wisdom that helped me over the years.

When I was moved from my first church, I remember him saying to me now Bro. Dasher go slow at your next church. I ask him what he meant. Did I do something wrong? He said no just go slow. So, this stayed on my mind and as I was packing to leave my second church he said, now Bro. Dasher remember to go slow. I said you told me that when I came to this church what are you trying to tell me? I was very sincere and sort of upset.

Well, when I arrived at my third church, I immediately saw things that needed to be changed. Guess what? My mentors words rang out, GO SLOW, and it finally sunk in that these changes need to take place but I need to wait and lead the congregation and allow these changes to become their idea. When I did these changes took place. Why? Because I learned to go slow and allow God to do the work. I got out of the way.

Spirit of God, help me to wait on you, help me to gleam golden nuggets from our wonderful mentors, help me to lean not on my own understanding, help us to trust and obey and acknowledge you are the potter and we are the clay. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he will direct thy path.

I’m bubbling over in my soul tonight and I thank you Lord for blessing my wife and I today to feast in your presence. Wow, showers of blessings.

REMEMBER

“If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9
Join Surfing with Jesus mailing list: genedash@yahoo.com.
Send prayer request to: genedash@yahoo.com


No comments: