Monday, July 07, 2008

How To Pray For Other People #521

Surfing with Jesus Ministries
eNewsletter: #52104172008
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.
http://SurfingwithJesus.blogspot.com/.

How To Pray For Other People

How many people in your life could be touched if you prayed in this way?

Colossians 1:3 We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you.

1. Be thankful for their changed lives.

Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.

2. Ask God to help them know what he wants them to do.

3. Ask God to give them deep spiritual understanding

Colossinas 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God.

4. Ask God to help them live for him.

5. Ask God to give them more knowledge of himself.

Colossians 1:11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness.

6. Ask God to give them strength for endurance.

7. Ask God to fill them with joy, strength, and thankfulness.

Lord help us as Christians to not leave a new convert alone. Lord help us to reach out to them with love as they begin to grow in you. May each convert know we are their for them as they seek the will of God in their life.
Don't assume anything about a person when they are seeking the Lord. Take time to talk to them and ask them how you can help them pray. One time I was visiting a revival in my area and as the invitation was given I saw a young man in the altar praying. Everyone was rejoicing and having a good time and I ask one person what is he seeking God for and they told me he was seeking to be filled with the Holy Ghost.
I watched a few minutes and got down by the young man and ask him how I could help him pray. He said he was walking down the street and heard the music and came in and came forth when the invitation was given. He wanted to be saved but didn't know how to pray.
I ask him if he would join me over to the side and I would teach him how to pray. He received Jesus that night and some time later I was at a church conference and he walked up and ask me if I remembered him. I said I don't think so. He started to tell me when I prayed with him. He said here is my family, we are all saved and attending the church you were visiting.
Folks, take time to help people. It's okay to rejoice but don't overlook the need others have around you. (Some notes used from Tyndale Life Application Bible)

Remember

1John 1:9 If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Send Prayer Request to:
gene@SurfingwithJesus.com.

I try to take time to pray for you request each day as I receive them. Join me in prayer for the needs of our email family.

Surfing With Jesus Ministries 2355 Parkway Dr SE Cleveland TN 37323

No comments: