Monday, July 07, 2008

The Majesty of the Lord #529

Surfing with Jesus
Pastor Gene A. Dasher, Sr.
eNewsletter: 52906202008

Thank you for your continual patience as I try to work with this new system. I keep trying different things to reach you and hope you will open your mail so I can see if I got to you. For those of you that have asked about my sister-in-law and are praying for her I thank you. Peggy is in the Life Care Center and was in good spirits when we visited her. Her legs and arm are her main concerns right now. Therapy will continue and your continual prayers for miracles are appreciated.


The Majesty of the Lord

Isaiah 40:25-31

25To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.
26Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.
27Why sayest thou, O Jacob, and speakest, O Israel, My way is hid from the LORD, and my judgment is passed over from my God?
28Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
29He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
30Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

I often pray, Lord take my strengths and make them stronger and take my weaknesses and make them strong in you. When I look at the majesty of the Lord I want to lift up my eyes with adoration and praise for all creation and all he does for me each day. We are so wrapped up with all the negatives in our world that we often overlook the fact that everything is in the palm of his hands. Let us be strong in the Lord and allow his power that never faileth to be our strength as we lean on Him and lean not on our own understanding.

When I try to understand everything I often fail. Therefore I'm trying to renew my strength by waiting upon the Lord. As I wait upon Him I want to be lifted up in his love each day. Somedays it is walking time and somedays it is running time but in God's time everything will happen right on time.

If your mind is boggled down with all that is going on it may be good to turn off the media (TV,etc.) you are using to hear so much and sit quietly in the presence of God. Peace and quiet is rare in any of our homes but I've tried it and I like it. Taking time for God and yourself will elevate the majesty of God and your strength will soar as the eagle.

Remember


I John 1:9 "If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Send Prayer request to: gene@SurfingwithJesus.com
Web Site: http://SurfingwithJesus.blogspot.com/.





No comments: